WCHS Grad 2021
Graduation 2021 - Winston Churchill High School
At this time, WCHS is planning an outdoor drive-in style graduation ceremony for the afternoon of Saturday, June 26, 2021. This even is outside of school hours, and will be subject to Alberta Health Services regulations for outdoor gathering sizes that restrict the number of people allowed out of vehicles at the same time. As of April 26, 2021, this following information is available on the AHS website:
"Mandatory restriction – Provincewide – Effective Jan. 18
Outdoor social gatherings are limited to 10 people maximum and must not have an indoor component.
- Backyard gatherings that require movement in/out of homes are not permitted.
- Attendees should remain distanced at all times and follow all public health measures."
Some important information about our 2021 Graduation Ceremony:
- Details of this event may change at any time, depending on public health restrictions from Alberta Health Services
- The event will take place in the west parking lot at the Enmax Centre (2510 Scenic Drive South, Lethbridge)
- The event will be drive-in style and a limited number of individuals will be permitted to exit their vehicles (graduates and some staff) at one time
- A live audio feed will be broadcast from the technicians via a radio signal to vehicles parked at the event
- A livestream will be available of the event as it takes place so that family and friends who cannot attend in person may still watch online
- A digital download of the full event will be made available to families sometime after June 26th via weblink, for those families who wish to save a copy of the event
- Lifetouch photographers will be at the event to take photos of each graduate; proofs of these photos will be made available to families sometime in the summer of 2021
Grad Parent Meeting - March 8th
Here is the file that outlines our first Preliminary Plan for Grad 2021. This meeting took place on Monday, March 8, 2021 at 6:30pm.
Grad Parent Meeting - May 10th
Here is the link to the YouTube video of our May 10th parent meeting for Grad. Please watch the video for information and updates here.
Graduation 2021 - Grad Fee
The Grad Fee is now payable, and it has been added to School Cash Online for each student in grade 12. The fee for graduation this year is $85.00, and it includes:
- Cap and Gown fee
- Diploma covers
- Rental fee at the Enmax Centre
- Rental fee for outdoor stage & digital sign
- Professional fees for Audio-Visual company
- Access to digital recording of Grad (after event)
- Livestream of the event
If for some reason the grad fee has been added to your child's account in error, please contact Aaron Fitchett or Laura Kerr at the WCHS office: 403-328-4723. If you do not see a grad fee on your student's account (but you believe it should be there) please call us.
Graduation 2021 - Grad Photos
WCHS Grade 12 Students
If you would now like to book an appointment for Grad photos that will appear in our yearbook, your option is to now contact Lisa Kennedy at Life Touch Lethbridge.
Grad Hoodies - Class of 2021
Grad Hoodie orders are now closed for the year.
Grad 2021 Instagram Account
Grads, if you're not following the Class of 2021 Instagram account yet, please do. The account is: @2021.wchs.grad and we will be posting a lot of information there...Go check it out!