Health Information for Parents
Mental Health Resources
- Parent Information Series (Alberta Health Services) Resources about parental mental health as well as their children who deal with multiple challenges such as anger, peer pressure, poor confidence, addictions and more. Answers FAQ about teenagers and gives parents factual information that may prevent children from poor choices and promotes a healthy lifestyle.
- Family Resource Programs- Parents Matter. Provides multiple downloadable resources for parents from how to build social and emotional skills with your child to information on family life and effectively communicating with your children about challenging behaviours.
- Parents Matter also provides links to general parenting, overall family health, and more!
- Stress Management and Prioritization assistance.
- Find out the difference between moodiness and depression here.
- And last but not least the Wellness Center is open during school hours and has an open door policy. The staff here are friendly and always welcoming!
- MyHealth Alberta has many resources on how to talk to your teenager about sexual health. It is a factual website about how parents can bring up the topic of sex and educate their teenager on what a healthy relationship looks like.
Guide to Vaccinations
- Health Canada's guide for parents about Vaccinations: Everything you need to know about vaccinations in one page.
- Back to School Health from AHS has information on nutrition, stress, sexual health, peer pressure, drugs and alcohol, and many other topics.
- Overall health information from AHS.
- ALIS provides useful tips and checklists for you and your teenager regarding future schooling and career choices.
- Also don't hesitate to visit the career office located diagnally across the hall from the library. Visit their webpage here.